Unleash the Power of Mushroom Coffee!
Discover the Energizing Benefits of Mushroom Coffee!
Age and Prosper is a reader supported publication created for anyone looking for healthy longevity. If you enjoy it, please consider supporting it financially for $5 a month or more (and/or sharing it). Becoming a paying subscriber supports us in producing this newsletter and bringing you up-to-date information to help you live a longer and healthier life.
You can expense this newsletter as an educational resource on your taxes if you pay for a subscription. You can also sign up company employees for health perks with a group subscription. The information provided on Age and Prosper is intended to be educational; it should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice.
Age and Prosper is available for syndication! Message us!
How did we learn about mushroom coffee? Through the constant relentless bombardment of hippy ads in our feeds. They've mistaken our love for nature-themed memes as a genuine passion for tie-dye and jam bands. And after Tom got his 45th advertisement of the popular mushroom coffee MUD/WTR, Tom decided he had to try some mushroom coffee!
And yes, this is legal mushroom coffee, not psychedelics!
Although mushroom coffee does include mushrooms, most of the brands primarily include some coffee. These mushroom coffees typically include varieties such as lion's mane, chaga, reishi, and cordyceps. The mushrooms are usually dried and ground into a fine powder, which is then mixed with regular coffee beans or instant coffee. Mushroom coffee is known for its potential health benefits, such as improved focus, increased energy, and enhanced immune function.
A typical 8 ounce cup of coffee has 95 MG of caffeine. Most of the mushroom coffee brands have less than 50 MG of caffeine. It is often marketed as a healthier alternative to traditional coffee due to the added nutritional value of the mushrooms and less caffeine resulting in less anxiety.
What does mushroom coffee taste like?
We have tried several brands such as Om which tastes like a high end cup of instant coffee, Mudwater (contains no coffee but has caffeine from the cacao or matcha flavors) tastes like a rich and earthy blend with hints of spices and a touch of bitterness, and Ryze Mushroom Coffee has a unique, earthy taste with subtle hints of mushroom that blend surprisingly well with the robust flavor of coffee.
Some potential benefits of drinking mushroom coffee include:
1. Improved focus and mental clarity: Lion's mane mushrooms, in particular, have been shown to support cognitive function and improve focus and memory. Drinking mushroom coffee may help enhance mental performance and clarity.
2. Boosted energy levels: Cordyceps mushrooms are known for their potential to increase energy and stamina. They may help combat fatigue and improve physical performance. Adding cordyceps to coffee can provide an energy boost without the jittery effects often associated with regular coffee.
3. Enhanced immune function: Reishi mushrooms contain compounds that can help support a healthy immune system. Drinking mushroom coffee may help strengthen your body's natural defenses against illnesses and infections.
4. Reduced inflammation: Some types of medicinal mushrooms, such as chaga, have anti-inflammatory properties. Consuming mushroom coffee regularly may help reduce chronic inflammation in the body, which is linked to various health issues.
5. Antioxidant protection: Medicinal mushrooms are rich in antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals. Antioxidants play a crucial role in promoting overall health and may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
6. Reduced acidity: Traditional coffee can be quite acidic and may cause digestive issues for some people. Mushroom coffee, due to its lower acidity, may be more gentle on the stomach and easier to digest for those with sensitive stomachs.
7. Reduced caffeine jitters: While mushroom coffee contains caffeine, it is typically lower in caffeine than regular coffee. This can help reduce the jittery and anxious side effects of high caffeine consumption.
8. Nutritional benefits: Medicinal mushrooms are packed with vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial compounds. By adding them to your coffee, you can increase your intake of these nutrients and potentially improve your overall health.
Mushroom coffee may have its merits, but let's be honest—nothing beats the taste of a robust, aromatic cup of coffee that leaves you feeling awake, energized, and ready to take on the world. Instead of relying on a second cup of coffee after lunch to avoid the risk of caffeine keeping you up at night, why not opt for a less caffeinated alternative like mushroom coffee?
Until next week, Age and Prosper!